Copyright 2024 - Laserworld Showcontroller - professional laser control software

ShowNet Admin - Projection rotated during set-up

• Max van de Wouw
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #488 by Max van de Wouw
Replied by Max van de Wouw on topic ShowNet Admin - Projection rotated during set-up
Yes, this was indeed the fix. Thank you. I never checked the DMX mode on the mainboards, as I wouldn't controll my lasers over DMX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Max van de Wouw
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #487 by Max van de Wouw
Replied by Max van de Wouw on topic ShowNet Admin - Projection rotated during set-up
How odd, will try tomorrow and see if that solves it. Thanks for the reply.

• Super User
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #486 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic ShowNet Admin - Projection rotated during set-up
This is not a thing of Showcontroller, but relates to the ShowNET harware laser mainboard, which is what the Admin tool controls.
Solution to your case is simple:
Switch the ShowNET to Professional DMX mode with the Admin Tool, and it will be fine.

• Max van de Wouw
  • Topic Author
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #485 by Max van de Wouw
ShowNet Admin - Projection rotated during set-up was created by Max van de Wouw
Found with the newest release of ShowController, when selecting image 255 (grid test pattern) for zoning the laser in the Admin Tool the projection seems to be rotated on the Z-axis by about 45 degrees by default.

However, when storing settings and going into Live this rotation is not present. Like-wise when adjusting for that rotation in the setup, then storing the settings, the output in Live will be rotated. Seems to be a software issue as this unwanted rotation is present in all my lasers:
DS-1000RGBmk2
DS-1000RGBmk3
2x DS-3000RGBmk3
2x DS-3000RGBmk4
PL-10.000RGBmk4

I do not remember this to be an issue with the 2022 release of the software.
Any possible fix that can help me? My current workaround is very time-consuming, so would love a solution.

f