Copyright 2024 - Laserworld Showcontroller - professional laser control software

Test Picture display laser on/off software problem

• Showcontroller Support
More
1 year 6 months ago #266 by Showcontroller Support
Replied by Showcontroller Support on topic Test Picture display laser on/off software problem
Hi Robert,

your Testpicture Problem is noticed and cleared. As you wrote i just disabled the Recolor Function when opening Testpictures. Most Testpictures are old ILDA Files an there was an Error during the Handling. They where handled as RGB Files. Problem will be solved with the next update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• samuel
More
1 year 6 months ago #265 by samuel
Hi Robert,
I am disappointed that there is no response about your problems by SC teams.
I have a lot of difficulties and problems too with the Live Module. I am going to write a new topic as soons as possible.

I hope that we'll have responses about our problems.
Regards

Samuel

• Robert Coward
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #213 by Robert Coward
Replied by Robert Coward on topic Test Picture display laser on/off software problem
Another problem I have encountered is that if any Recolour option is set, the test pictures will not display. This caused me quite a bit of confusion initially, as the test picture display did not appear to operate consistently.

The solution is to ensure that when the user selects a test picture, the recolour option is automatically deselected and disabled. Alternatively, the recolour option can be left as it is, but simply ignored whenever a test picture is on display.

Though these may seem like fairly small issues, they result in time wasted for new uers, and are still an irritation even for more advanced users.

• Robert Coward
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 3 months ago #212 by Robert Coward
I'm pretty new to laser control, but do have experience with software applications, being a software developer myself. Having purchased a DS1000rgb and a ShowController license, I'm getting to grips with ShowController. I must be honest that it does seem to contain a significant number of bugs and issues, but I will focus on one particular issue here:

ShowController Live has the ability to select various test pictures, either from the View -> Show TestPic menu option, or from the Select TestPicture button on the Scanner Settings tab (under Ext Controls section). The problem is that regardless of whether the laser output is currently on, it always displays a dialog stating "Laser Output is Disabled - start laser now". If you click "Ja" it will toggle the output off, while "Nein" will leave it on. Of course, if the laser output is already off, it will have the desired effect.

Therefore, the software fix is to check the existing state, and only prompt if it is off.

f