Copyright 2024 - Laserworld Showcontroller - professional laser control software

Fog Functionality Setup

• Bart
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #327 by Bart
Replied by Bart on topic Fog Functionality Setup
As far as i can see on the DS 3000 RGB MK3 there is a shownet build in (That is the difference between the CS series and the DS series if i recall it right), there is a button on the right top where you set the settings to "Store Data" in the shownet admin tool. (If it doesn't save after reboot then i would update the firmware again and if that and if this doesn't work contact support)
Let me explain Artnet a bit, you have 16 universes (0-15), with each 16 subnets (0-15), on each subnet you have an DMX of 512 channels (in the manual there is a link to The ArtNetominator, it's a free program to visualize artnet and the commands sent)
Static IP is the way to go, it's always better to have one because during operation your DHCP lease may expire and you get a new one in some cases, also when you are not connected to a router and only a switch/acces point then it is required because you don't get a IP assigned in the same range and get the default address on both PC and laser(s) who can be the same in some cases and then it would be colliding with each other.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• samuel
More
1 year 3 months ago #326 by samuel
Replied by samuel on topic Fog Functionality Setup
Hi,
Perhaps this feature do not exist on DS serie MK3. :( :( :(
I saw this movie and I would like to do somethink like that but without DMX controller on computer Live program only.

When I reboot My DS 3000 mk3 with 2021020602 firware after have to set theses parameters and Storing data, it reverts at default value on DMX / ArtNET tabs.
Maybe a configuration probleme with switch behind DS-3000. But so far, it works fine with static ip.

• Bart
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #325 by Bart
Is the shownet build in to the DS series laser?
Because in my research if you have the shownet controller as a seperate device that doesn't show up, then there should be a DMX cable in and out cable present and it should work without that setting. (That i know from a youtube video
)
You speak of 2 different firmware versions, one is the latest, i would try to test with the latest version without the other one connected...
I wrote this quick manual, because i would find it usefull to understand because i just found out how to...
But i would try with 1 with the latest firmware connected, because in some older Youtube video's i didn't see that option too...

• samuel
More
1 year 3 months ago #324 by samuel
Yes V 1.39 jan 6 2021

• Bart
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #323 by Bart
Are you using the latest version of the Admin Tool?
https://www.laserworld.com/en/download-file-1271-ShowNET_Admin_Tool_1_39.html

• samuel
More
1 year 3 months ago #322 by samuel
Hi,
On Admintools :
With my two scanners DS serie mk3 Firmware 2021020602 and 2022090202, I don't have DMX Port Mode checkbox ( item 4 on your message)

I can't make new configuration
Do you have information about this ?
Regards

f