Copyright 2024 - Laserworld Showcontroller - professional laser control software

Fog Functionality Setup

• samuel
More
1 year 2 months ago #356 by samuel
Replied by samuel on topic Fog Functionality Setup
Hi,
this weekend, I upgraded my SHOWNET mainboard and now, I can use DMX out to control fog machine with Showcontroller.

But. On Live Module, DMX control on directly scene do not work.
I not be able to control my fog machine with good values and channel number.

Do you know if there on issue about this DMX control ? Tomorrow, I would like to make scenes to controle DMX Fog machine or lights only.

Thank you
Samuel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• samuel
More
1 year 3 months ago #332 by samuel
In this case, I hope find solution
Thank you for your investigations

• Super User
More
1 year 3 months ago #331 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Fog Functionality Setup
You can simly use the SHowNET as an ArtNET node, this should work. You can of course use an external ArtNET node with other software but Showcontroller is designed to work with teh ShowNET as node - others may work, but we cannot provide any support for this

• samuel
More
1 year 3 months ago #330 by samuel
Hi,
Thank you for all informations about my request.
I will try your recommendations. If no solution is found, I will contact laserworld.
If it not possible to control my fog machine with my DS3000, I will buy an ArtNet node. In this case, can I control this new ArtNet Node directely by showcontroller live ? I think yes
Best regard

• Super User
More
1 year 3 months ago #329 by Super User
Another hint: if you face issues with storing settings to the main board, try using a short LAN cable and directly connect it to the computer. Use Auto-IP for ease of use (DIP 6 on). Then again flash the firmware once again, powercycle, and retry.

• Super User
More
1 year 3 months ago #328 by Super User
If you have a laser with integrated ShowNET mainboard (not external device, only internal ShowNET) and you use the latest Admin Tool version 1.39 and in teh Settings tab there is NO option to switch between DMX IN and DMX OUT, you have a mainboard that has a position equipped with a chip that should not be there. It does not affect the funbctionality of the ShowNET board at all, but it messes with the detection of iternal and external board. Please contact Laserworld This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to get that board swopped or get instructions how to get that surplus chip off the board.

the external board does not have that option, as the DMX adapter you have to use with it has both in and out at the same time.

The reason why you need to switch is because the mainboard was developed in a way that no other lighting devices get compromised by anything from the laser. If you daisy-chain the DMX signal it is made sure that even if there was an issue with the laser, the rest of the devices in teh chain keep working just fine. That's why the DMX connection is hard wired and does not get processed through the board whith internal ShowNET mainboards.

f