Copyright 2024 - Laserworld Showcontroller - professional laser control software

Fog Functionality Setup

• samuel
More
1 year 3 months ago #320 by samuel
Replied by samuel on topic Fog Functionality Setup
GREAT !!
Thank you very much.
I will test that when I will received the Fog Machine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bart
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #319 by Bart
Replied by Bart on topic Fog Functionality Setup

Hi,
If I understand,  With LIVE application, We can send some DMX orders via ShowNET ( via ip network) to DMX out connector  of Scanner to control FOG machine? 

PC --- Ip network
> DS serie  DMX out
> fog or

Don't need to buy usb dmx interface?

If is true I will do that !

Yes, you don't need a DMX controller and can just connect to the DMX port out on the laser, you have to configure the laser to recieve ArtNet (DMX over network you can call it), ArtNet works with different universes and those can have different subnets, each subnet is actual a DMX 512 channel controller, the Live program can even be controlled by ArtNet

Laser Setup (ShowNET Admin Tool)
1. You have to configure your DS series first "Data source for physical DMX Out" to "ArtNet to DMX". so your laser wil convert the ArtNet signal to DMX signal
2. Enable the ArtPollReply to "checked" so when the Live software is going to send a signal out the DS Series Laser will respond with it's channel and therefor the Live software will detect the laser for use with artNet.
3. Set the "Own ArtNet Universe" to a unique Universe (I used 1 in the example image)
4. Set the "DMX Port Mode" to "DMX Signal Out" so it sends the DMX from the ArtNet to the DMX Out Port

Live Setup
1. Enable ArtNet Out
2. Put the LAN Adapter to your Internal Network IP (Not 127.0.0.1 bacause that's your local callback address)
3. Start Address you put to 1 (I'm not sure if this is to set the Live Program input or the Live program output, i just left it at 1, in reason this is the DMX channel you want to start with)
4. "Universe In" you have to set to a unique Universe (Not the same as the laser, i used 0)
5. "Subnet In" you set to the subnet in you want to recieve ArtNet input to the Live Program (In reason you don't need to do that because that's when you want to control the live software with ArtNet, i put it to 0 because subnets start with 0)
6. "Universe Out" This is the universe you want to send DMX signals too, this has to be the same as the DS series laser (I used 1)
7. "Subnet Out" This is the subnet you want to sent out on the universe, they start with 0 so i put it to 0

Fog Setup
Some fog machine only work on 1 DMX channel, it depends your model, other have more functionality like turning it on, in my case i just have the pump speed present (1 DMX channel)
You set your DMX channel to your starting channel that you set on your Fog Machine channels, if you have like me a Fog Machine with only 1 channel then you just set your "Ch. Pump" to that start address, and the "Value Pump" to the desired output (0-255)
In my case i just set the other "Ch. Fan" and "Ch. Enable" to other addresses just so they don't interfere with other DMX channels (Those channels you can't use on your DMX channels anymore) 
Refer to the manual of your fog machine how to set address and what values it needs

Once setup you can also set DMX Channel + values inside the scenes and they also sent over the ArtNet to other linked devices, for the moment there is some bug when you hover over a scene with the mouse it also activates the DMX commands what isn't the right behaviour, it only schould activate those commands when selecting the scene

I hope this explanation helps you aout in setting your fog machine up
Greetz 

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• samuel
More
1 year 3 months ago #318 by samuel
Replied by samuel on topic Fog Functionality Setup
Hi,
If I understand,  With LIVE application, We can send some DMX orders via ShowNET ( via ip network) to DMX out connector  of Scanner to control FOG machine? 

PC --- Ip network
> DS serie  DMX out
> fog or

Don't need to buy usb dmx interface?

If is true I will do that !

• Super User
More
1 year 3 months ago #317 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Fog Functionality Setup
Please feel free to mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Bart
  • Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #316 by Bart
Replied by Bart on topic Fog Functionality Setup
Thank you,
Had to put the "Data source for physical DMX" out also to "ArtNat to DMX" to get it to work, works like a charm now, i tested the DMX commands you can send with scene's too but there are some issuis with it. (And a bunch of other bugs i found)
Is there a place where i can submit bugs?

• Super User
More
1 year 3 months ago #315 by Super User
Replied by Super User on topic Fog Functionality Setup
Hey Bart,

you can use the DMX fog feature via ArtNEt or DMX. If you use DMX, you need to switch the internal ShowNET in your laser to "DMX out" with the Admin Tool (there is an option in the Settings-Tab where you can switch that). DMX is output from the ShowNET that is assigned to Channel 1.
ArtNet just needs to be activated in Control center and then should be accessible in the same network.

btw, the link now works again :-)

f